Your privacy is our priority, but your trust in us is equally important. That's why we want to be as transparent as possible in our policies. Reason VPN is a zero-logs VPN service provider, which means that we do not keep a record of any connection, traffic, or activity data in regards to our Services. In general, however, we monitor our Site activity to measure its performance and improve functionality. We want you to understand the type of information we collect, why we collect that data, and exactly how we use the information we collect.
- We care deeply about your privacy rights, and we will never log any traffic or usage of our VPN.
- We do not sell or rent personal information to others, under any circumstances.
- Your data is secured and rendered anonymous whenever you are connected to our Services.
- In order to provide you with our Services, we need to collect an email address and payment method to process transactions.
Information We Collect
Reason VPN does not collect, monitor, or log any traffic or use of its Virtual Private Network service, under any circumstances, on any platform.
While you are not required to provide any identifiable ("personal") information to browse our Site, in order to subscribe to our Services, you must first create an account and register with us. This is solely to maintain an active subscription to our service.
We aggregate and process information from Site visitors using cookies, pixels, and similar technologies, such as Google Analytics. In such cases of automated collection, the focus of this data collection is on our Site performance, fraud detection, and prevention purposes, not on your personal information. You can browse our Site without submitting any personal information. The only data we collect from all visitors is in order to improve our Site. This information is aggregated, offering a high-level view of our Site activity, including:
- Page requests
- Browser type and version
- Operating System
- Bounce rate
- Average time spent on our Site
- IP Address and based on your IP, your country
When you use the Website, we may collect and use information from your device including your IP address, user agent, your activity log on the Website, a unique identifier generated by us, your operating system and browser, and the files and URLs you upload for scanning. Further, if you are a PC user and you choose to purchase the Pro Version of the Software, we will collect your name, phone number and email address.
We do not track user activities outside of our Site, nor do we track the website browsing or connection activities of users who are using our Services.
You may need to provide an active email address as well as an active payment method
Cookies collect information about the use of our Site, and provide users with basic functionality; such as allowing you to save your account credentials to your browser. The cookies used for our Site are not connected to our Services in any way and cannot be tied to your Service activity.
Opt-Out for All Website Cookies
Many web browsers accept cookies automatically. There are many resources that advise you on adjusting cookie settings, such as About Cookies. You can block cookies any time by adjusting your browser settings, visiting the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page, or by disabling specific third-party pixels (see below). Please note that some of the features on our Site depend on cookies to properly function.
Opt-Out from Third-Party Pixels
|Google Ads||googleadservices.com |
|Google Analytics||google-analytics.com |
How We Use Your Information
We do not sell personal information to third parties under any circumstance.
The information we collect through our Site is used for the following general purposes:
- Process. To create your account, collect payment for our Services, verify your identity when you log into the Site, and administer accounts;
- Analyze. To monitor usage and trends in order to better understand how our Site is found and used, manage customer relationships, and approach users with relevant content;
- Communicate. To send you information periodically about news, products, services, and offers made available by us, our affiliates or our marketing partners;
- Troubleshoot. To respond to your requests for help and technical assistance, and maintain internal records of support histories;
The information we collect through our Services is used for the following general purposes:
- Process. To create your account, collect payment for our Services, verify your identity when you log into the Service, and administer accounts;
- Troubleshoot. To understand the source and cause of app crashes, and to develop & improve our Services;
As previously outlined Reason VPN does not collect or log any traffic of its Services, under any circumstances. We may, however, compile some statistical information related to app crashes.
Security Measures We Have In Place
In the workplace
We use industry best security measures to protect your personal information from loss, theft, misuse, or unauthorized access. All of our employees are kept up-to-date on these best practices. In addition, we restrict employee access to service administrative panels to only those who require such access in order to perform their job functions.
On the internet
We make all of your data concealed and safeguarded as often as possible. Where appropriate, we use encryption, access controls, passwords, and physical security measures to protect the information we collect and maintain about you against unauthorized access and disclosure.
We send a small number of emails for transactional purposes, all of which we’ve outlined below.
- Password reset - if, for any reason, you’ve requested to reset your Reason VPN account password, then you’ll receive a password reset email. This email provides a unique password-reset link and instructs how to complete your password reset;
- New password - if, for any reason, you’ve completed a password reset, then you’ll receive a new password email. This email confirms your password reset and explains how to change your password in the future, if you wish to;
All new subscribers to Reason VPN receive product awareness emails. These emails offer application tips and helpful hints to Reason VPN account holders who may be unfamiliar with the benefits and inner-workings of a VPN.
Unsubscribing From Promotional Emails
You may opt-out from receiving future promotional emails at any time by clicking the ‘Unsubscribe' link contained in the bottom of every email. While you may not receive promotional emails on behalf of Reason VPN, you will continue to receive transactional emails from us. Transactional emails are system-generated communications that pertain to your account status; we will only send these emails during one of the instances listed in the section above.
Our Site and Services are not intended for anyone under the age of 18 years old. If you are a parent or guardian and believe that your child has provided personal information to us, please contact us so that we can delete the child's information.
Changes to This Policy
The European Union General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is effective as of May 25, 2018. This regulation broadens the privacy rights that EU individuals have over how their personal data is collected, processed and maintained. Reason VPN is a privacy-focused business and will comply with these guidelines presented by the European Union. User privacy is our priority; both our Site visitors and subscribers to our Services have the right to know what we collect from them.
Privacy Settings and Requests
How to Contact Us