Terms of Service
1. Changes to the Terms
We may add to, change or remove any part of these Terms, at any time without prior notice to you and such modification shall be effective immediately upon posting them on the Site. It is your responsibility to check these Terms periodically for changes. If we make any material changes to these Terms, we will endeavor to provide registered users with additional notice of any changes, such as to your e-mail address of record, when you log-in to your account, or when you log into the Services.
Your use or continued use of the Site or Services following the posting and/or notice of any changes to these Terms or any other posted policies shall constitute your acceptance of the changed Terms or policies
2. VPN Service
You understand that we are providing you with a virtual private network ("VPN") service, which includes, but is not limited to, the use of servers, transport, routers, IP addresses and other equipment and protocols to transmit information over our network (the "System" and altogether the “Service”). You agree to abide by these Terms with respect to your use of the Service.
3. Authorized User; Your Responsibility.
You may not access or use the Site or Services if you are unable to form a binding, legal agreement with Reason VPN. You affirm that you are over the age of 18. You assume all responsibility for your use of, or access to, the Site or Services.
Reason VPN allows you to have up to 5 concurrent connections. Your Reason VPN membership can be shared with family members in the same household, who reside at the same address.
4. Personal Information
- Accuracy. By registering for our Services, you represent and warrant that all information you submit to us is true, accurate, current and complete and that you will promptly notify us if your information changes.
5. Personal Use; Limited License
Reason VPN grants you a personal, limited, non-transferable, non-exclusive license to use Reason VPN Site content and the Services, solely for your personal, private and non-commercial use in connection with the Reason VPN Services accessed by you. This license is personal to you, and you may not resell our Services, permit other users access to our Services through your account, or use the Services or our System to host content for others. You may not copy or download any content from the Reason VPN Services except with the prior written approval of Reason VPN.
Furthermore, without the prior written approval of Reason VPN, you may not distribute, publicly perform or display, lease, sell, transmit, transfer, publish, edit, copy, create derivative works from, rent, sub-license, distribute, decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer or otherwise make unauthorized use of Site content or Services. Any commercial use is expressly prohibited. You agree not to remove, obscure, or alter copyright, patent, trademark, or other proprietary rights notices affixed to the Site. Your rights are subject to your compliance with these Terms as well as any other agreements applicable to the Reason VPN Services you may be using.
Making unauthorized copies or distribution of Site content and/or any breach of the terms specified herein, may result in the termination of your Reason VPN account, prohibition on use of Reason VPN Services, and further legal action.
The Services may require or allow you to download software, software updates or patches, or other utilities and tools onto your computer, entertainment system or device ("Software"). Reason VPN grants to you a non-exclusive, limited license to use Reason VPN Software solely for the purpose stated by Reason VPN at the time the Reason VPN Software is made available to you and in accordance with these Terms. Your use of the Reason VPN Software may be subject to the terms of an end-user license agreement. You may not sub-license, or charge others to use or access Reason VPN Software. You may not translate, reverse-engineer, reverse-compile or decompile, disassemble or make derivative works from Reason VPN Software. You may not modify Reason VPN Software or use it in any way not expressly authorized in writing by Reason VPN. You understand that Reason VPN's introduction of various technologies may not be consistent across all platforms and that the performance of Reason VPN Software and related Reason VPN Services may vary depending on your computer and other equipment. From time to time, Reason VPN may provide you with updates or modifications to Reason VPN Software. You understand that certain updates and modifications may be required in order to continue use the Reason VPN Software and Reason VPN Services.
Reason VPN enforces a zero-tolerance SPAM policy regarding information transmitted through our network. Reason VPN may determine in its sole discretion whether any transmissions are considered SPAM. SPAM includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Bulk unsolicited e-mail, promotional material, or other forms of solicitation sent via e-mail that advertise any IP address belonging to Reason VPN or any URL (domain) that is hosted by Reason VPN.
- The use of web pages set up on ISPs that allow SPAM-ing (also known as "ghost sites") that directly or indirectly reference customers to domains or IP addresses hosted by Reason VPN.
- Forging or misrepresenting message headers, whether in whole or in part, to mask the true origin of the message.
- If Reason VPN determines that you have posted one or more articles of spam, we may cancel your account immediately and take steps to prevent you from using our network at any time thereafter.
8. Fees; Payment Terms
Reason VPN may, with prior notice, change the fees it charges you for accessing the Services at any time. All prices are quoted for up to 5 devices.
When subscribing to the Service, you agree to the specific details of your subscription which you may cancel at any time. Such details will also be made available to you in an email following your subscription. You agree that all fees charged by Reason VPN for accessing the Services will be automatically charged to your payment account on file with Reason VPN, at the time of any automatic renewal of your subscription for Services. You will get an email reminder prior to automatically renewing your subscription. To view our current subscriptions, payment terms and fees, go to https://www.reasonsecurity.com/vpn/home, or send an email to email@example.com.
9. REFUND POLICY
If you are less than 100% satisfied with the VPN service, we will gladly refund your payment if the refund is requested within the time frame specified when you applied for a subscription to the Service as well as in the email confirmation. You agree and acknowledge that Reason VPN is not liable if a payment method does not allow for refunds. You will receive an offer for service in lieu of a refund if a payment method does not allow a refund.
10. Use of Services
Subject to clause 19, Reason VPN is not liable for the loss, corruption, alteration or removal of any content transmitted using our Services or on our System. By using our Services, you expressly waive the right to seek damages and agree to hold Reason VPN harmless for any such loss, alteration, corruption or removal.
Reason VPN may also at any time modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, all or any part of the Services or your account, with or without notice, and you agree that Reason VPN will not be liable to you or any third party for any such modification, suspension or discontinuance. Our Services are not intended to be used in countries where offering or providing the Services is illegal, and we do not offer the Services in such countries or to citizens of such countries, including the countries of Iran, Cuba, North Korea, Syria or Sudan.
11. Third-Party Content
We do not control, and we are not responsible for, any data, content, services, or products (including software) that you access, download, receive or buy while using the Services. We may, but do not have any obligation to, block information, transmissions or access to certain information, services, products or domains to protect the Services, our network, the public or our users. We are not a publisher of third-party content accessed through the Services and are not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness or delivery of any opinions, advice, statements, messages, services, graphics, data or any other information provided to or by third parties as accessible through the Service.
12. Acceptable Use Policy
You agree to comply with all applicable laws and regulations in connection with your use of the Services. You may not use our Services, or our Software or System, to post or transmit any illegal material, including without limitation any transmissions that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any local, state, national or international law or regulation. In particular, the following is a representative, non-exhaustive list of acts that are prohibited:
- The transmission or posting of chain letters or pyramid schemes, or other acts that involve deceptive online marketing practices or fraud;
- Sending or transmitting any SPAM over the Services, whether via e-mail, Usenet, or any other communication channel
- Acts that may materially affect the quality of other users' experience, including, without limitation, "spikes" in bandwidth usage or using any program/script/command, or sending messages of any kind, designed to interfere with a third party customer terminal session, via any means, locally or via the Internet;
- Actual or attempted unauthorized use or sabotage of any computers, machines or networks;
- Introducing malicious programs into Reason VPN's network or servers (e.g. viruses, worms, Trojan horses, etc.);
- Engaging in any monitoring or interception of data not intended for you without authorization;
- Attempting to circumvent authentication or security of any host, network, or account ("cracking") without authorization;
- Using any method, software or program designed to collect identity information, authentication credentials, or other information from the legitimate users of another entity's website or service;
- Transmitting or receiving, uploading, using or reusing material that is abusive, indecent, defamatory, harassing, obscene or menacing, or a breach of confidence, privacy or similar third party rights;
- Transmitting or receiving, uploading, using or reusing material that violates any intellectual property rights of a third party, including, without limitation, patent, trademark or copyrights;
- Transmitting or receiving, uploading, using or reusing material that you do not have a right to transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
- Advertising, transmitting or otherwise making available any software, program, product or service that is designed to violate these Terms;
- Falsifying header information or user identification information;
- Using the Services for anything other than lawful purposes including, but not limited to, intentionally or unintentionally violating any applicable local, state, national or international law;
- Impersonating any person or entity, including, but not limited to, a Reason VPN representative, or falsely stating or otherwise misrepresenting your affiliation with a person or entity;
13. Copyright Protected Materials
Reason VPN respects the intellectual property rights of others and expects that you do the same. It is our policy to terminate in appropriate circumstances the accounts of subscribers who infringe the copyrights of others. You may not upload, download, post, publish, transmit, reproduce, or distribute in any way, files, material, information, software or other material obtained through the System that is protected by copyright or other proprietary right or derivative works with respect thereto, without obtaining permission of the copyright owner or other right holder. Additionally, you shall not upload, download, post, publish, reproduce, transmit or distribute in any way any component of the System itself or derivative works with respect thereto.
14. Export Control Laws.
The Services and Software may be subject to export control restrictions of the United States, the European Union, Canada or other jurisdictions. By using the Services or downloading any Software from Reason VPN, you warrant that you are not located in any country, or exporting the Software to any person or place, to which the United States, the European Union, or any other jurisdiction has embargoed goods. You agree to abide by U.S. and other applicable export control laws and not to transfer, by electronic transmission or otherwise, any content or Software subject to restrictions under such laws to a national destination prohibited by such laws, without first obtaining, and then complying with, any requisite government authorization. You further agree not to upload to Services any content, data or software that cannot be exported without prior written government authorization, including, but not limited to, certain types of encryption software. The assurances and commitments in this Section shall survive termination of these Terms.
15. Right to Restrict or Terminate Access
These Terms shall be automatically renewed for successive one-month periods, until canceled by you or by Reason VPN. Reason VPN may deny or restrict your access to all or part of the System without notice in its reasonable discretion if it deems that you have engaged in any conduct or activities that Reason VPN in its reasonable discretion believes violates the letter or spirit of any of these Terms. If Reason VPN denies or restricts your access to the Services because of such a violation, you shall have no right to obtain any refund or credit for the subscriptions fees you have paid.
You acknowledge and agree that you are solely responsible for protecting your password and other personal information and for the consequences of not protecting these data. Access to the System, our Services, the Internet, and to certain online transactions involves the use of identification numbers, passwords, payment accounts or other individualized nonpublic information ("Private Documentation"). You shall use your best efforts to prevent unauthorized use of our Services, the System or of any Private Documentation, and shall promptly report to Reason VPN any suspected unauthorized use or other breach of security. You shall be responsible for any unauthorized use of your identification numbers or passwords until we receive written notice of a breach of security and a request to block further access for such numbers and passwords. Reason VPN shall not be liable for any unauthorized use of payment accounts. Account sharing (e.g. allowing others to use your account information to access the Services) is not permitted.
17. Children and Minors
By using our Services, you affirm that you are at least 18 years of age, or otherwise over the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which you reside.You understand that the Internet may contain information which may be offensive, may be illegal in various jurisdictions or may be inappropriate for certain ages and that Reason VPN is not responsible for detection and removal of such information. In accordance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) and associated rules, we do not knowingly collect or maintain any personal information from children under 13.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY
Actual service coverage, speeds, locations and quality may vary. Reason VPN will attempt to provide the Services at all times, except for limited periods for maintenance and repair. However, the Services may be subject to unavailability for a variety of factors beyond our control including emergencies, third party service failures, transmission, equipment or network problems or limitations, interference, signal strength, and may be interrupted, limited or curtailed. Delays or omissions may occur. We are not responsible for data, messages or pages lost, not delivered, delayed or misdirected because of interruptions or performance issues with the Services or communications services or networks. We may impose usage or Services limits, suspend the Services, or block certain kinds of usage in our sole discretion to protect users or the Services. The accuracy and timeliness of data received is not guaranteed.
YOUR USE OF THE SITE AND SERVICE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE SITE, ALL SITE INFORMATION AND THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS, STATUTORY OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, CUSTOM, TRADE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, NONINFRINGEMENT, AVAILABILITY OR ACCURACY OF INFORMATION. REASON VPN DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SITE OR SERVICES WILL BE AVAILABLE, WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR WILL OPERATE IN AN UNINTERRUPTED, ERROR-FREE OR COMPLETELY SECURE MANNER OR THAT ERRORS OR DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED. REASON VPN DOES NOT MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, OR CONDITIONS REGARDING THE USE OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF THE SITE OR SERVICE, IN TERMS OF THEIR ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, TIMELINESS, COMPLETENESS, OR OTHERWISE.
SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS, OR ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH EVENT, REASON VPN'S WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS WITH RESPECT TO THE SITE AND SERVICES WILL BE LIMITED TO THE GREATEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW IN SUCH JURISDICTION.
19. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL REASON VPN, ITS AFFILIATES, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, LICENSORS OR OTHER THIRD PARTY PARTNERS ("REASON VPN PARTIES") BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE, INABILITY TO USE, OR THE RESULTS OF USE OF OUR SERVICES, SITE OR CONTENT ANYWHERE ON THE INTERNET, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY; INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION DAMAGES RESULTING FROM LOST PROFITS, LOST DATA, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, WHETHER DIRECT OR INDIRECT, ARISING OUT OF THE USE, INABILITY TO USE, OR THE RESULTS OF USE OF OUR SERVICES, OUR SITE OR CONTENT ANYWHERE ON THE INTERNET, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY. YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY UNDER THIS AGREEMENT SHALL BE FOR YOU TO DISCONTINUE YOUR USE OF THE SITE AND SERVICES.
IF, NOTWITHSTANDING THE FOREGOING, ANY OF THE REASON VPN PARTIES IS FOUND TO BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON FOR ANY DAMAGE OR LOSS ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT OR YOUR USE OF THE SITE, SERVICE, SOFTWARE OR ANY CONTENT THEREIN, THE REASON VPN PARTY'S TOTAL CUMULATIVE LIABILITY SHALL IN NO EVENT EXCEED THE GREATER OF: (A) THE AMOUNT YOU PAID REASON VPN FOR YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE; AND (B) THE SUM OF ONE HUNDRED (100) US DOLLARS.
SOME STATES OR JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR THE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR DIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, EXEMPLARY, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES. IN SUCH STATES OR JURISDICTIONS, THE REASON VPN PARTIES' LIABILITY TO YOU SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold the Reason VPN Parties harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys' fees, made by any third party arising out of or relating to any violation of these Terms by you; any content or material you submit or otherwise transmit through our System or Services; or your violation of any rights of another. Reason VPN reserves the right, at its own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to defense by you. This Section shall survive termination of these Terms.
21. General Terms
- Entire Agreement. These Terms, along with any rules, guidelines, or policies published on the Reason VPN homepage constitute the entire agreement between Reason VPN and you with respect to your use of our Site Services. If there is any conflict between the Terms and any other rules or instructions posted on the Site or Services, the Terms shall control.
- Amendments. No amendment to these Terms by you by shall be effective unless acknowledged in writing by Reason VPN. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Reason VPN reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify these Terms or the policies referenced herein at any time as set forth above.
- Jurisdiction and Venue. These Terms shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the state of New York, without reference to its choice of law rules. Venue for any action arising out of or in connection with this agreement shall be in New York, New York. The parties each hereby consent to the jurisdiction and venue in Orange County, Florida and waive any objections to such jurisdiction and venue.
- Limited Time to Bring Claim. Subject to any applicable law to the contrary, you agree that any cause of action arising out of or related to the use of our Site or Services must be commenced within one (1) year after the cause of action accrues, or such action will be permanently barred.
- Severability. If any portion of these Terms is found to be unenforceable or invalid for any reason, that provision will be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that the rest of these Terms will otherwise remain in full force and effect.
- Assignment. You may not assign its rights or obligations under these Terms without the prior written consent of Reason VPN, which may be withheld in Reason VPN's sole discretion.
- Non-Waiver. Reason VPN's failure to insist upon or enforce any provision of these Terms shall not be construed as a waiver of any provision or right.